December 28, 2012

bold stripes & a little leopard.



 





      oufit details: top [forever 21] pants [love culture] boots [steve madden] belt [american eagle] jewelry [forever 21] lip color [MAC girl about town] nail color [essie sand tropez & china glaze swing baby]


outfit chat: this outfit is a way to mix pattern and print in an interesting, yet subtle, way. i paired the belt with the shirt with the idea in mind that the colors went together fabulously yet together they gave the pattern play i needed to complete the outfit. typically with this outfit i would put a colored belt with it, but since the print gave it that pop of excitement i was safe with the matching color scheme. when wearing an outfit with not a lot of color fun happening, i like to make sure my lip color is bold, bright & able to give my look that pop of color that the outfit itself is missing. a little side note on these fabulous new boots? my husband completely picked them out himself & had them waiting for me on christmas morning! what a perfect guy, right?
 have a fabulous snowy weekend everyone! 
[xoxo] allyLou

4 comments:

  1. Did you get your Steve Madden boots at Nordstrom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He ordered them from stevemadden.com actually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfit, but I have to say my favorite part is your boots!!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete